Skip to main content
Radio Jamaica News Online

Four STETHS students charged after school fights

St. Elizabeth
Four STETHS students charged after school fights
 
Four students at St. Elizabeth Technical High School (STETHS) who were involved in a series of fights at the institution last week, have been charged by the police. 
 
The students, aged 13 and 15, have been charged with assault occasioning bodily harm. 
 
The disclosure was made Thursday during a meeting of the St. Elizabeth Municipal Corporation by Commanding Officer for St. Elizabeth, Coleridge Minto. 
 
Superintendent Minto said following the incidents at STETHS, police have moved to strengthen intervention efforts on the school compound through the School Resource Officer programme. 
 
He said officers have been working alongside the guidance counsellor and dean of discipline, and the intervention will continue both inside the school and within surrounding communities, as the police seek to restore order at the institution. 
 
Last Wednesday, 17 fights involving students were reported at the school.


Syndicated from Radio Jamaica News Online · originally published .

13 languages available

Other coverage

Around St. Elizabeth

· powered by OFMOP